Copyright © 1996-2007
D. M. Brockman
25 December 2007
|This page has moved to the Wiki and will no
longer be updated here.
Listed by episode number. The actor's name appears
first. The source who reported the anomaly to me is shown
in brackets unless I found it myself. Thanks to all who
To qualify as an anomaly, usage in the show must
disagree with the credit or there must be an error in the
actor's name. Using a name not in the credit, such as a
character's given name, is no longer considered an
anomaly as long as the credited name is used at least
Arline Sax/Arlene Martel
[Henry McNulty] points out that the actress Arline Sax in
episode #146 is the same person as Arlene Martel in
episode #267. More details can be found at her IMDb
Casey Adams/Max Showalter
[Donald Smith] reports that the actor credited as Casey
Adams in episodes #44, #101 and #127 later appears
credited as Max Showalter in episodes #174, #211 and
#236! The IMDb
documents this situation and has a short biography but
doesn't explain the name duality. [6/4/00]
[Charles Richmond] explains that Max Showalter's name was
changed to the more bankable Casey Adams when he was
hired as a featured player by 20th Century Fox boss
Darryl Zanuck. Info here.
Jack Betts/Hunt Powers
[D. A. Supernaw and Charles Richmond] point out that the
actor Jack Betts in episodes #125 and #157 is the same
person as Hunt Powers in episodes #223 and #265.
Charles H. Radilac/Charles Hradilac
[Charles Richmond] notes this rather apparent
typographical error. He appeared in #171 and #253.
The Anomaly List
- Robert Bice is listed as Hurley but is
identified as Frank Faulkner by Paul Drake.
- John Harmon, listed as Lab Man, appears
as Mr. Harlan (the man from the lab).
- Berry Kroeger, listed as Eugene
Jarech, is identified as Arthur Jarech in a
building directory and by other characters.
- Michael Fox is listed as Dr. Samuel
Anders but is, as he often is, Dr. Hoxie. [Allan
- Actor Larry Jackson in the credits is
really Harry Jackson.
- Mary LaRoche, listed as Lisa
(as in Lisa Kudrow) Hiller, is called Liza
(as in Liza Minnelli) throughout the show. [D. A.
- Michael Fox is listed as Dr. Hexie but
is called Dr. Hoxie.
- Michael Dante is listed as Arthur
Manning but is called Bill Manning by a witness
on the stand. At other times, he is called
Manning or Mr. Manning.
- Alex Gerry, listed as Hale, is called
Elliot Hale. [David Virrill]
- Michael Fox, listed as Autopsy
Surgeon, is called Dr. Hoxie.
- Jeanne Cooper, listed as Thelma Hill,
is really Thelma Bell.
Doreen Lang, listed as Mrs. Fields, is really
Miss (Laura) Fields.
- Byron Morrow, listed as Thomas Ranger,
is called George Ranger in court by Burger. H. M.
Wynant, listed at Wilton (Slim) Marcus, is called
Joseph Marcus in court by Burger.
- Gertrude Flynn, listed as Mrs.
Nichols, the motel manager, is called Mrs.
Nicholas throughout the episode.
- Jonathan Hole, the actor, is
listed as Jonathon Hole.
- Dean Harens is listed as Morgan Riley
but is called Riley Morgan several times and
Morgan the rest of the time.
- Kathie Browne is listed as Donna
Loring but is called Donna Ross. [Tom Rankin]
- Jeanette Nolan, listed as Emma
Benson, is called Martha on two occasions and
Mrs. Benson the rest of the time.
- Dave Willock, listed as Jay Robinson,
is called Phillip Robinson in court by Deputy
D.A. Sampson. [Mitch English]
- Benson Fong, listed as Colong Kim, is
exclusively called Oolong Kim in the show. [Marc
- Paul Barselow, listed as John Penner,
is called Ben Penner by Amelia Phillips and
Deputy D.A. Chamberlin in court.
- Bart Conrad, listed as Charlie, is
called Eddie by Sgt. Ferris.
- Bert Freed, listed as Edward Parker,
is really Harry Parker.
- Paul Langton, listed as Prosecutor Green, is
called Mr. Telford twice by Perry in court. He
was Deputy D.A.Telford in #101.
- Med Flory, listed as Sgt. McVey, is
introduced to Perry as Lt. McVey by Lt. Tragg.
- Coleen Gray, listed as Olga Jordan,
is called Miss Corbin by Perry and Miss Olga
Corbin by Paul. [Mitch English]
- Ben Cooper, listed as Davis Crane, is
called David or Davey by Charlie Corby, Nelly
Lawton and himself! [Mitch English]
- Edgar Buchanan is listed as Judge
Edward Daley but the sign
on his office window spells his name as Daily.
- Carlos Romero, listed as Raul Perez,
is called Reyo in the show.
- Maura McGiveney is listed as Gloria
Winters but is called Miss Withers by Valerie in
the opening scene. [Mitch English]
- Lee Begere, listed at Dr. Nevin, is
called Dr. Nivens by Perry and others. Jan
Shepard, who plays his wife, is called Mrs.
- Tommy Farrell, listed as Herbert
Baker, is called Mr. Herbert in the show, twice
by Perry. [Mitch English]
- Joyce Van Patten, listed as Fay
Gilmer, is called Gilmore by several people.
- James Lamphier, listed at Marius
Stone, is called Marius Stowe.
- H. M. Wynant, listed as Tony Mario, is called
Tony Earl or Mr. Earl in the show.
- Grant Williams, listed as Dr. Todd
Meade, is identifed as Dr. Todd Mead on his
- Elisabeth Fraser, listed as Estelle
Paige, is identified as Estelle Gaige in three
ways. [Lisa & Mack McLendon]
- Lurene Tuttle, listed as Henry
McLeod, is really Henny McLeod, the owner of
"Henny's Coop." [Lisa & Mack
- Actor John KcKee in the credits is
really John McKee.
- Walter Burke, listed as
"Man," is called Mr. Adams. [Tom