Welcome to Big Dave Brockman's
Perry Mason TV Series Wiki
This is a Wiki.
That means you can edit and add content. Our topic is the Perry Mason TV series of the 50s and 60s. There is a page for each episode. With your help, these pages can be filled with interesting and useful information about the shows. We'll be adding material as time permits. You're invited to contribute as well. For information on how, please see the About This Wiki page. Visit the Wiki Sandbox, to practice posting, and then browse through the Basic Editing and Documentation Index pages. There are also many closed pages here on a variety of topics. If you would like to contribute material for these pages, please send it to us at email@example.com.
Wiki Recent Changes:
To help build a Wiki community, please enter your name or a handle in the Author box and a very brief Summary when posting. We have many international members here on PMTVS, so we suggest posting ambiguous dates in this format:
05 March 2022. Also don't overlook using the [Preview] button before posting!
- TriviaPages.Show8 . . . June 24, 2022, at 05:40 PM by Wick:
- SummaryPages.Show8 . . . June 24, 2022, at 05:20 PM by Wick:
- CommentPages.Show7 . . . June 24, 2022, at 01:11 PM by Notcom: Move over Handel: Perry's Water Music
- CreditsPages.TVMovie08 . . . June 24, 2022, at 12:18 AM by CMC: credits
- SummaryPages.TVMovie08 . . . June 23, 2022, at 10:23 PM by CMC: Summary
- TriviaPages.Show265 . . . June 23, 2022, at 10:46 AM by Clothears:
- TriviaPages.Show270 . . . June 22, 2022, at 09:34 PM by jfh:
- TriviaPages.Show268 . . . June 22, 2022, at 06:50 PM by jfh:
- SummaryPages.Show6 . . . June 22, 2022, at 03:36 PM by Wick:
- CommentPages.Show264 . . . June 21, 2022, at 06:29 PM by jfh:
- TriviaPages.Show14 . . . June 21, 2022, at 04:49 PM by BobH:
- TriviaPages.Show5 . . . June 21, 2022, at 09:38 AM by Rickapolis:
- CreditsPages.TVMovie28 . . . June 20, 2022, at 12:52 AM by CMC: credits
- CreditsPages.TVMovie27 . . . June 20, 2022, at 12:49 AM by CMC: credits
- CreditsPages.TVMovie12 . . . June 20, 2022, at 12:30 AM by CMC: credits
- CreditsPages.TVMovie13 . . . June 20, 2022, at 12:26 AM by CMC: credits
- SummaryPages.Show254 . . . June 18, 2022, at 06:22 PM by Wick:
- Main.TheCars . . . June 17, 2022, at 10:07 PM by CMC: update link
- CommentPages.Show178 . . . June 17, 2022, at 01:26 PM by Notcom: Neither corn nor peanuts ??
- TriviaPages.Show36 . . . June 16, 2022, at 07:14 PM by Notcom: Final Curtain
- CommentPages.Show1 . . . June 16, 2022, at 02:12 PM by Notcom: Again, differently ??
- TriviaPages.Show177 . . . June 16, 2022, at 02:02 PM by Notcom: LA's fastest
|If you have a question about the series . . . |
try the search box (below), and it will scan several web sites for clues.
Multiple Perry Mason site search
Search (A) this site, (B) The Perry Mason TV Show Book and (C) Bill Storrer's PMESG site. But for searching just this PMTVS site alone, you may get better results using the Wiki Search box that is found in the upper right corner or see search in the footer area, below.
"Big Dave" Brockman
was a fan of the original black-and-white (and one color episode) Perry Mason TV series since the show first appeared in the fifties. There was a lapse of many years whilst Big Dave toiled in various salt mines, but, after escaping to freedom, he was able to reconnect with the show in 1985 via the TBS cable superstation. Alas, they stopped running the show in 1996. The last national airing was on The Hallmark Channel. Read about it in the Hallmark Log.
Perry Mason TV Series PMTVS website began in the fall of 1996. You can view some early pages from the site at the Internet Archive here. My, how things have changed!
Where to watch.
What else to watch. In June 2020 a reboot of the show, set in the 1930s, started on HBO.
Perry Mason on DVD . . .
Many famous people
have appeared in Perry Mason episodes, some before they were famous. It's fun to try and spot these people and then check the credits to see if you were right. Using the Show Finder might be fun and helpful in doing this. This game eventually led to Big Dave's self-professed, obsessive habit of collecting cast lists from the credits for several years and we now have the casts from all 271 episodes in the database featured here. All the cast lists were taken from the trailing credits except for episode #218, The Case of the Bullied Bowler, which has only partial credits. The cast list for this episode has been recreated from other sources.
One reason the show holds up
is because it's often set in the familiar territory of Southern California. It's like time travel. The very first episode, The Case of the Restless Redhead, featured a character who was living in Big Dave's home town, Riverside, California. There are no actual scenes in Riverside but there are lots of references. In one scene, Perry comments to famous movie star Helene Chaney (Gloria Henry) that Riverside is a very interesting place. The Media Page has an audio clip. This scene is missing in cut episodes of the show.
In it's heyday,
Perry Mason was shown in many countries. It was quite popular in Germany but, as you might expect, was a little different. The biggest change is that everybody speaks German. Leah, a fan from Germany, explains that German actors were used to dub the voices. She says this leads to interesting situations when an actor's voice is familiar from other roles. For example, Perry Mason sounds like Bill Cosby and Fred Flintstone! Engelbert von Nordhausen is the dubber, and you can "meet" him here (site in German, use Google Translate). To add to the situation, German words tend to be longer than English ones. The lips say "Goodbye" as the voice says "Auf wiedersehen." Finally, the episodes are renamed in German. Leah has provided this list. It's fun to see how the titles changed. Google Translate is recommended.