This episode and the next are unusual in that Della does not appear at all! Apparently she is “visiting an aunt.”
Submitted by Ed Zoerner, 10/11/2010.
++ GGB was Della's 8th overall & 3rd consecutive absence. Barbara Hale's "photo can be seen at the Dr Pepper Museum in Dublin, Texas (not to be confused with the Waco Dr Pepper Museum)," IMDb observes. Mike Bedard 3.18.15
Sightings: In a booth in the swanky hotel lounge sits Distinguished Gentleman #1, drinking and chatting with a friend. Submitted by gracenote, 3/16/2011.
+ As the preliminary examination reconvenes, we see the above Gentleman seated on the Burger’s side of the courtroom, and there is also Quiet Old Man #1 shuffling to his seat on Mason’s side. Submitted by gracenote, 3/16/2011.
+After court resumes, we find Little Old Lady #1 next to D.G. #1. Submitted by BigBill767, 6/17/2016.
++"Miss Carmody" is in the opening shot walking past the apartment complex with a friend. Later she is in court in the back row on Perry's side. Submitted by Miss Carmody, 7 Nov. 2023
In court, Burger introduces into evidence an envelope which is addressed to Miss Amy Scott, 1416 No. La Brea Ave. (37:30), the real-world address of Paisano Productions / Perry Mason studios when this episode aired. Added by Gary Woloski, 2/19/15.
CARS, in order of first appearance in episode. Cast Cars numbered, prominent background cars lettered. Minor background cars are not listed (there are too many).
- (1) 00:54, black 1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan w/chauffeur, Licence Number DEM 265, awaits a wealthy young lady leaving Madame Zillia's parlour (First '64 Lincoln in series). Look for gas-filler hatch on Left-Rear flank and squared-off rear grill. The '63 Lincoln gas hatch was at center of its smiley rear grill.
- (a) 01:02, Amy pauses beside a drab 1960 Chevrolet Biscayne 4-Door Sedan (looks like base model Fleetmaster), Licence Number QEJ 144 or OEJ 144.
- (2) 08:03, Paul's black 1963 Thunderbird Convertible; front licence plate is missing throughout episode. Watch at 09:21 as he sets the steering wheel height.
- (b) 08:03-08:31, a medium-color 1964 Buick LeSabre or Electra 225 trails Paul's TBird in the rear-screen projection. This Buick has a Manufacturer's (MFG) Licence Plate, number , as did Car(1) in Ep#182. From these appearances, it seems that "015" might have designated the Buick assembly line at the GM South Gate Assembly Plant.
- (3) 31:19, Perry leaves his OLD black 1962 Ford Galaxie 500 Sunliner (top down) & walks into the Courthouse (re-used footage from early Season 6: '62 TBird Conv behind Perry's car, white '59 Caddy moving Right beyond it).
- (4) 48:35, medium-color 1964 Buick Wildcat Convertible top down, driver Tommy Stiller w/passenger Joyce.
Does anyone know the street in the process shot 08:03-08:31 (Paul driving) and the locations after 08:31? Note "The Original ARMY & NAVY Store", 08:32. Added by Gary Woloski, 2/18/15.
+ The Broadway Loan sign and the street addresses around it (219, 223, etc) indicate that this was the 200 block of Broadway in Los Angeles. Some of the buildings have been demolished to create parking lots. Others remain but have been re-faced. Submitted by catyron, June 5th, 2018
Business for Perry: Another story where Paul's client needed Perry's help after getting charged with murder. Submitted by H. Mason 3/21/15
+ Actress Sue Randall is probably better known to many of us as Beaver's teacher ["Alice Landers" jfh 16Jan2018] on "Leave it to Beaver". Submitted by BigBill767, 6/17/2016.
Writer Philip Saltzman was born in Mexico to Russian Jewish parents. He would write for and produce numerous shows. He became executive producer of Barnaby Jones...MikeM. 1/10/2017
This is the third of three PM appearances for Merry Anders, who was born Mary Anderson in Chicago in 1934. Her mother moved her to Los Angeles when Merry was 15. She became a teen model, and was given a contract by 20th Century Fox when she was 17. Merry Anders passed in Encino, CA, in 2012 at the age of 78...MikeM. 5/22/2018
This is the fifth of five Perry appearances for Lori March. jfh 25Aug2022
Hats: Dowdy Dora appears in court wearing the perpetually-in-style Rick-Rack-Hat Submitted by catyron, June 5th, 2018
Speaking of hats, click on the pic above to see Merry Anders looking heavenly in feathers as court resumes. Lili-beth 02.10.2020