Ken Lynch plays against type in this episode, playing the owner of a large electronics firm. Mr. Lynch almost always played a cop, detective, FBI agent, or some other tough guy. Submitted by PaulDrake 33. 2 September 2009.
+ I am suspicious from the start of any Ken Lynch character appearing in PM, stemming from his brutal beating of Bishop Mallory in TCOT Stuttering Bishop. True to form, he shows poor ethics in this outing as well, trying -- in vain -- to cheat his partner out of the value he added to the business. JohnK. 1 October 2015
In Robert Hayden's office, Perry actually takes two puffs from the cigarette Mr. Hayden used the machine to light. Perry usually only lights cigarettes without smoking them. jfh 06Dec2017.
Other than some decorative scorch marks, Frazer's lab doesn't seem to have suffered much fire damage.
Rather careless of Perry to leave his balcony door not just unlocked, but partly open. Since there doesn’t appear to be any glass in the doors, anyway, it probably doesn’t much matter. DOD 08/29/18
+ You'd think he would have learned after TCOT Dubious Bridegroom. OLEF641 2/4/21
Buick Survey. 1959 and 1960 Buicks appear in half of the episodes of Season 3 (13 of the 26 Episode#s 70-95 or, if you wish, in 14 of the 28 Episode#s 70-97):
- 1959 Buick Electra 225 4-Door HardTop, black, Lic No SFH 107 appeared seven times: episodes74, 77, 78, 81, 86, 87 and 97, five of those appearances being Tragg's car.
- 1959 Buick LeSabre Convertible, white, Lic No SDL 689 appeared seven times: episodes 70, 72, 73, 78, 81, 83 and 86.
- 1959 Buick LeSabre 2-Door Sedan, medium color, Lic No SFH 106 appeared four times: episodes 74, 83, 85 and 86, one of those being as Burger's car.
- 1959 Buick LeSabre 4-Door Sedan, medium color, license # not seen, appeared once in ep#81 as a background car.
- 1960 Buick LeSabre 4-Door HardTop, medium color, Lic No TNT 345, episode#94.
- 1960 Buick LeSabre Convertible, medium color, Lic No THM 008, episode# 94.
- 1960 Buick Electra 225 4-Door Riviera Sedan (6-window), black, Lic No TAG 929, episodes 87 and 94.
- 1960 Buick Electra 225 4-Door HardTop, dark color, Lic No TCP 860, episode# 90.
In each of the model-years 1959 and 1960, Buick produced a bewildering array of at least 17 distinct Models resulting from the available combinations of six Body Styles with the four Model Lines. Read more at Seventy Years of Buick by George H. Dammann, pp 263-272. The identifications above are based on the aggregate of the 24 appearances across the season; for many of the individual appearances, there is not enough seen in the single episode to make such positive identifications. Nor are Lic No's always seen. I do believe that there actually was this small number of cars used, that there was a business relationship between Buick and Paisano/CBS and that these cars were routinely stabled on the lot at 1040 Las Palmas. Added by Gary Woloski 9/12/12.
+ CAR BUSINESS. For a comprehensive account of the "Business" factors involved in provision of vehicles by an auto manufacturer to a TV production company see the excellent article The Cars on CAR 54, WHERE ARE YOU? by Martin Grams. Also of interest is Martin's opening discussion about the actual paint colors on "Car 54" and real NYPD cruisers. Compare the actual Car 54 in color, B&W and real NYPD cars in color, B&W. Out West in Perry Mason California, things were somewhat simpler since the "Police Black & Whites" seen on the TV screen were still B&W in full color (but, before 1963, their "white" license plates were really yellow). Gary Woloski, 7/6/17.
The workshop door only has a pull handle on the inside. No mechanism to turn the latch. Kilo 5/13/2021.